This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Tobacco Products (CTP), Office of Science (OS), located in Silver Spring, MD. The Office of Science (OS) will be permanently relocated in Beltsville, Maryland; tentatively scheduled for spring 2018.Learn more about this agency
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-FDA-MP-18-10137071 under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered under both options.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical area FDA-wide.
As a Social Scientist, you will have the following responsibilities
- Evaluate social and behavioral aspects contributing to public health issues related to tobacco products.
- Assess factors related to tobacco use outcomes at multiple levels.
- Participate in collecting, analyzing and interpreting data using appropriate quantitative and/or qualitative methods.
- Disseminate findings to appropriate scientific colleagues, constituents, stakeholders and the public.
- Synthesize and apply results of research on tobacco products, as well as public health research, programs and policies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/491508000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.