This National Guard position is for a Powered Support Systems Mechanic, Position Description Number D1334000and is part of the NJ 177th CEG SQ, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
As a Powered Support Systems Mechanic, WG-5378-10, you will:Perform daily, weekly, and monthly inspections on all aircraft arresting systems
- May be required to perform additional duties such as snow removal
- Maintain, repair, modify, and Inspect electrical generating equipment
- Maintain records for documentation of preventive maintenance on all aircraft engagements
- Advises on technical problems of installation and repair of electrical power production equipment
- Coordinates all aircraft arresting systems duties which requires access to active runways with FAA, Air Traffic Control, Facility Manager, Flight Safety Officer and Airport Manager
- Operates standby units during commercial power failures and performs operational checks, inspections, services, and makes emergency repairs of standby units in the field to ensure uninterrupted power services to facilities during power outages
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/491504700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.