This National Guard position is for a PRODUCTION CONTROLLER (AIRCRAFT), Position Description Number D0752000and is part of 155 MOF Nebraska Air National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is a Title 32 excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING ELIGIBILITY TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA AIR NATIONAL GUARD PLEASE CONTACT THE LOCAL RECRUITING OFFICE AT 402-309-1172.
OPEN AREAS OF CONSIDERATION: AREA 1, 2 and 3
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
AREA 1: Current permanent and indefinite technicians of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard; and current Title 5 employees of the Nebraska Military Department who are military members of the Nebraska National Guard.
AREA 2: All Drill Status/M-Day members and temporary technicians of the Nebraska Air or Army National Guard.
AREA 3: Current military service members who are willing and eligible to become members of the Nebraska Air or Army National Guard.
AREA 4: All qualified candidates eligible and willing to become a member of the Nebraska National Air or Army National Guard prior to the effective date of hire.
As a PRODUCTION CONTROLLER (AIRCRAFT), GS-1152-7/9, duties include:
1. Coordinates and develops operational and maintenance requirements for all assigned aerospace vehicles and related support and training equipment into long range, quarterly, monthly and weekly plans to produce a schedule which makes efficient use of resources. Ensure the Maintenance Control Supervisor and the Chief of Maintenance are advised of maintenance capability, problem areas, and adherence to schedules. Schedules aerospace vehicle and related equipment, through all phases of maintenance. In coordination with Job Control, assigns work priorities to all scheduled maintenance to assure a balanced workload of all maintenance sections. Coordinates with upper level management and other functional areas on master parking plan, bulk munitions requirements, supply support, food service support, security, motor vehicle maintenance, petroleum oil and lubricant (POL) requirements, fire department service and civil engineering functions. Compiles and publishes required maintenance plans in a timely manner to project aircraft, equipment and personnel utilization.
2. Schedules and conducts daily maintenance planning meeting to refine and incorporate unscheduled maintenance requirements into the Weekly to Daily Maintenance Plans and workload requirement. Reviews specialist dispatch and inshop production workload to ascertain production delay, recommends corrective actions and makes necessary adjustments in production schedules. Processes requests for and manages local manufactured items to ensure that unauthorized work is not scheduled. Coordinates with Quality Assurance in scheduling activity, technical inspections and publication changes. Coordinates with Training Management to minimize impact of training schedule in accordance with pertinent ANG directives. Initiates and maintains maintenance operating instructions establishing procedures for the assignment and application of job control numbers.
3. Preplans requirements to support operational launch schedules, emergency war orders (EWO) and contingency plans. Designates and schedules aerospace vehicle for maintenance training purposes. Plans and schedules time compliance technical order (TCTO) accomplishment. Schedules and insures that life support and critical items are replaced in accordance with the time change program. Performs the aerospace vehicle distribution function in accordance with directives. Analyzes maintenance capabilities in conjunction with Production Analysis. Coordinate and maintains input schedules to prime depots for accomplishment of depot level maintenance such as TCTO modifications and Programmed Depot Maintenance (PDM). Computes and evaluates scheduling effectiveness in order to improve management efficiency and decrease deviations. Reviews and verifies the accuracy and validity of aerospace vehicle weapons documents. Establishes procedures for the identification of repeat, recurring and cannot duplicate type discrepancies which impair mission performance or affect safety of flight, and for review of corrective action for adequacy.
4. Represents the Chief of Maintenance in coordinating actions such as aircraft and equipment utilization, sortie rates, flying hours and simulator utilization with the Air Commander, Operations and other members of the flight scheduling committee.
5. Develops inspection work package for aircraft; schedules and conducts the preinspection meeting for scheduled inspections such as periodic, isochronal and phase. In coordination with maintenance supervisors, develops work packages for major, intermediate level maintenance such as battle or crash damage.
6. Performs the following documentation functions; review, filing, maintenance and disposition of historical documents for assigned equipment. Manages documents for TCTO reports, time change forecast, mechanized reports, master ID number files and flight status register. Submits request for parts or kits for TCTO and time change items to the maintenance supply liaison for processing to Base Supply.
7. Makes required input to the automated data system and retrieves data and/or computer generated products as required.
8. Conducts training of assigned technician and military personnel.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/491434600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.