This National Guard position is for a HAZMAT SPECIALIST, Position Description Number NGD1411P01 and is part of the TX 149th Fighter Wing, National Guard.
This position is located at 149FW, Kelly AFB, San Antonio, TX. The purpose of this position is to provide management control, oversight, coordination, and implementation of the base "HAZMAT Pharmacy" program and operation. This position facilities the primary mission of receiving, distributing, tracking, reporting, and serving as the primary point of contact for base hazardous materials. Serves as a technical advisor to the Wing Commander, staff, and base personnel regarding hazardous materials. A broad knowledge of general supply, storage, distribution, and inventory specializations is required; in addition to a knowledge of Federal, State, and USAF safety and environmental rules and regulations to ensure regulatory compliance.
TEXAS AIR NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Texas Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: In-State Excepted. This includes:
- All currently employed full-time permanent, Indefinite, or temporary personnel of the Texas Air National Guard
- All current members of the Texas Air National Guard.
Texas National Guard Job Opportunities Learn more about this agency
As a HAZMAT SPECIALIST, GS-2001-7/9:
- Manages, controls, oversees, coordinates and implements the base HAZMAT Pharmacy program and function.
- Identifies new HAZMAT and customer requirements.
- Serves as the HAZMAT systems administrator utilizing the Standard Base Supply System (SBSS), Enterprise Supply Solution (ESS), Environmental Management Information System (EMIS), and Enterprise Environmental Safety Occupational Health-Management Information System (EESOH-MIS) to manage and update HAZMAT inventory data.
- Develops base regulations and operating instructions and procedures involving hazardous material requirements and processes in accordance with Federal, State, and military regulations, guidelines, and instructions.
- Develops and conducts HAZMAT training to managerial, supervisory, and base personnel.
- Conducts worksite visits, identifies customer concerns, and determines materials usage.
- Gathers and compiles information for reports to Federal, State, USAF, and/or ANG agencies regarding program status, HAZMAT item status, compliance issues, budget information, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Full description of the PD can be located at the link below:
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/491407500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.