Make a Career Connection! We are looking for individuals who would like to come to work for a small, independent regulatory agency dedicated to saving lives. We work very hard to protect the public from the unreasonable risk of injury and death from consumer products. Every U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) employee is proud to be a part of a team that works together to assure that the products you use every day are safe. Consider a position at the CPSC as your career choice.Learn more about this agency
Join the team! This position is located in the Development and Operations Branch (SDDO) of the Division of Solutions Development(ITSD), Office of Information and Technology (EXIT). ITSD is responsible for the U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission's (CPSC) applications development program which includes design, planning, testing, security, implementation, monitoring and maintenance. SDDO verifies the adequacy, effectiveness, reliability, and suitability of the applications development program to ensure agency standards for programming, testing, security, implementation and documentation are met and that applications inter-operate properly with all hardware and software comprising the agency's information technology systems.
This is an Opportunity to join a group of IT professionals taking CPSC's information system to another level. We're working on the development of advanced web-enabled enterprise systems and could use your expertise if you are a bright, creative, hard-working individual with strong Share point development and administration skills. CPSC and our IT staff are anxious to develop and enhance the type of systems that the public demands in order to protect consumers from potentially hazardous products. The work is demanding and exciting.
As an IT specialist, your duties will include:
- You will serve as the technical subject matter expert to provide all aspects necessary to deliver solutions such as planning, architecture, design, development, legacy migration, testing, security, delivery, and operations.
- Provide day-to-day hands-on expertise in web services, administration, maintenance, and operational support of web and SharePoint projects and programs.
- Collaborate with Office of Information Technology counterparts on various projects including designing, developing, planning, maintaining and administering SharePoint environment.
- Design and develop web pages, integrate SharePoint lists/libraries/sites with web pages, develop using SharePoint Designer.
- Work with the users to define their business needs, requirements, and apply analytical and SharePoint skills in developing and implementing solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Investigate, diagnose, and resolve problems in response to customer reported incidents
Who May Apply
This job is open to…UNITED STATES CITIZENS MAY APPLY (no prior federal experience is required).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/491401100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.