OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?Learn more about this agency
The Revenue Utilization Review (RUR) nurse clinical trainer is organizationally aligned within Office of Community Care (OCC), Revenue Operations (RO), Quality & Performance (Q&P) and is responsible for providing clinical leadership and expertise for the sustainment of the CPAC's Revenue Utilization Review functional area through continuous improvement and learning. The incumbent will be the primary trainer for all new RUR nurses assigned to the CPAC's. The RUR clinical nurse trainer develops and delivers training and education programs for the RUR nurses throughout the nation in collaboration with the nurse executive and Workforce Development (WFD). The RUR nurse clinical trainer possesses clinical knowledge and communication skills and promotes improvements in patient care by maximizing the potential for the recovery of funds through systematic evaluation and analytical review of clinical information in order to provide RUR education and training and to provide coverage for the RUR Policy Analyst/Senior Nurse Executive in times of absence.
Work schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (EST)
Telework: May be authorized after 3- 6 months of successful training
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Compressed schedule is not available for this position. Flexible hours -
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. or 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. is available for rotation every 3 months.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
- The Clinical Nurse Trainer responsibilities include:
- Provides leadership in the application of the nursing process to client care, organizational processes and/or systems, Revenue Utilization Review functions improving outcomes at the program or service level.
- Participates in the development of professional, regulatory and organizational standards of practice, including translating new policy /procedures/research into educational content.
- Manages program resources (financial, human, material, or informational) to facilitate safe, effective, and efficient care and appropriate reimbursement of that care within the revenue cycle.
- Develops and sustains courses through the Workforce Development that develops human resources (RUR) to their fullest must efficient potential to enhance the outcome of the total revenue cycle.
- Develops training materials and navigates distance learning modalities such as Blackboard. Participates in allocating resources (including funds, staff, equipment, time) in accordance with organizational priorities and budget planning.
- Independently plans and conduct validity and reliability studies to analyze RUR course effectiveness. This includes producing complete, self-contained training products and methods based on analyses and studies and research.
- Uses a body of research to validate and/or change practice, knowledge, and revenue cycle clinical processes. Implements an educational plan to meet changing program or service needs for self and others.
- Identifies learning needs, plans and provides formal and informal education to revenue utilization review staff (and other team member of the revenue cycle)
- Maintains knowledge of current techniques, trends, and professional issues-includes completion of all mandatory in-services during the rating period
- Actively promotes self-education in the area of current regulatory standards for Revenue Utilization Review, pertinent policies and procedures, Adult self ?learning and other teaching
- Serves as a member or chairperson interdisciplinary committee and/or a committee that plans educational offerings such as conference calls, conferences guidebooks or manuals. Other duties as assigned
Occasional travel - Approximately 10%
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/491362300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.