TEXAS MILITARY DEPARTMENT
DUTY: Bear true faith and allegiance to the state and nation; cultivate an environment for all to excel; prepare mentally, physically and spiritually to deploy at home and abroad.
HONOR: Hold the public trust in the highest regard; exceed standards and expectations; act with understanding, innovation, resourcefulness, flexibility and urgency. Do all you can, where you are, with what you have and always place the welfare of those you lead first.
TEXAS: Embrace the courageous spirit of our people, history and culture.
This position is located at the 149th LGR SQ, Kelly AFB, San Antonio, TX. The purpose is to carry out the complete warehousing operations relating to mobility assets to include providing management control, oversight, coordination, and implementation of the base programs and operations.
Appointment Factor(s): This is an Excepted Service position that requires active membership in a compatible military assignment in the Texas Air National Guard and wear of the military uniform. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Texas Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Texas Air National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Texas Air National Guard recruiter before applying for this position.
Areas of Consideration: Nationwide Excepted. This includes:
- All currently employed full-time permanent, indefinite, and temporary personnel of the Texas Air National Guard.
- All current members of the Army National Guard and individuals eligible for membership in the Texas Air National Guard.
Rank Spread: E-3/A1C through E-5/SSgt
- This announcement is open for one year or until filled, whichever comes first. Applicants will be reviewed and referred (as applicable) to the selecting supervisor after 30 days.
- Veterans' preference is not applicable to this position.
- This is a Bargaining Unit position.
- Selected candidate must have or be able to secure and maintain a secret clearance within 12 months of appointment.
As a Materials Handler with the Texas Air National Guard, your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Manages, controls, oversees, coordinates and implements the base mobility assets program and function.
- Responsible for the automated Mobility Inventory Control Accountability System (MICAS database to include the installation of software upgrades and regular database backups.
- Identifies mobility bag and customer individual protective requirements.
- Establishes and controls the MRSP/CRSP program for all assigned units.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/491304100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.