Challenge Yourself - Be an Army Civilian - Go Army!
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: This Budget Analyst, NH-0560-II position is located in the Program Executive Office, Enterprise Information Systems (PEO, EIS), at Arlington, VA.
PEO EIS Mission Statement: Rapidly deliver innovative and cost-effective IT systems and services for the Total Force, to globally connect the Army and provide a decisive information advantage to every Soldier.
Program Mission Statement: GFEBS creates a culture of innovation to design, engineer, acquire, deploy and on-budget that meets customer needs.
Telework Eligibility Statement: This position may be eligible for regular and recurring TELEWORK, including emergency and OPM prescribed unscheduled Telework. Supervisor approval will be required on a case-by-case basis.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Create projects, establish work breakdown structures, and create purchase requests/orders using the General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFEBS).
- Apply working knowledge of GFEBS, provide guidance to other analysts/activities in step by step procedures to process transactions and resolve errors through the troubleshooting process.
- Monitor execution of the program office and operating budget accounts by identifying and analyzing available funding/allowances. Ensure effective utilization and maintain audit trail documentation of available funds under multiple projects and appropriations.
- Analyze reports to reconcile transactions, identify errors, makes necessary adjustments and corrections.
- Pull data from GFEBS and other applicable financial/non-financial systems, analyze and prepare recurring monthly and ad hoc execution reports for senior leadership.
Occasional travel - 5% Busness Travel Required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/491242800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.