Responsible for leading a group of civilians and contractors in the execution of basic R&D programs in networking, machine learning, and intelligent information management.Learn more about this agency
Responsible for leading a group of civilians and contractors in the execution of basic R/D programs in networking, machine learning, and intelligent information management.
About the Position:
The U.S. Army Research Laboratory (ARL) is participating in an alternative personnel system known as the Laboratory Personnel Demonstration Project (DEMO). Among other features, the Demonstration Project replaced GS grade levels with occupational families and pay bands. The pay band DB-04 is equivalent to the former GS-14 Step 01 through GS-15 Step 10.
This position is located in Adelphi, MD which is in Prince George's County, a metropolitan area, bordered to the south by Washington, DC and to the north by Baltimore. It is approximately 30 miles south of Baltimore and the White Marsh Area, and 10 miles north of Washington, DC.
The Research Laboratory is recognized as a frontier for Army research programs with substantial affect on national defense issues and new technology areas. To learn more about the Army Research Laboratory you can check their website at http://www.arl.army.mil/
- Serve as Team Lead for the Information Dynamics Team, Battlefield Information Processing Branch, Information Sciences Division.
- Responsible for leading a group of civilians and contractors in the execution of basic R/D programs in networking, machine learning, and intelligent information management.
- Lead investigation of computational methods for classifying, predicting, and reasoning information from distributed, heterogeneously sourced, scaled data to accelerate computer/human decision making.
- Analyze R/D mission priorities and goals within environmental/contextual constraints for planning recommendations to management.
- Coordinate collaborations between academic, industrial, and other DoD/Army agencies.
- Document technical and research developments in technical reports, conference presentations/proceedings, and journals related to information and computer sciences.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position 25% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/491222200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.