About the Position:Learn more about this agency
The 401st Army Field Support's mission is to leverage the power of the Army Materiel Command (AMC) and the entire Material Enterprise to support the readiness of U.S. Army Central Command (ARCENT). As part of the ARCENT team, the organization provides logistics support to military and government agencies working to build readiness and security capacity in the region. We accomplish this mission by integrating and synchronizing the reach back capability of the AMC Life Cycle Management Commands (LCMCs) and Program managers under the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology (ASA-ALT). Today, the Battalion operates within the ARCENT Area of Operation (AOR) in countries such as Kuwait, Iraq, Afghanistan, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, and UAE supporting joint military forces and government agencies such as the U.S. Department of State.
Recruitment or Relocation incentive may be authorized.
- As an IT Specialist (CUSTSUP), you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Perform advance technical work and troubleshooting for software and hardware.
- Monitor, analyze and investigate network and application performance.
- Develop metrics for end user support.
- Perform customer assistance duties such as computer hardware configuration and installation, assisting computer users on the best way to use their equipment, answering questions on how to use the software, and maing on-site service calls.
- Diagnose hardware and software incompatibilities in order to find solutions.
- Conduct research on new technology necessary to accomplish computer requirements.
- Provide management with feedback and recommendations for improvement.
50% or less - Business travel up to 30% of the time
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/491217300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.