The Nurse Practitioner (Psych) position is located in the Behavioral Health Care Line (May be required to work at both locations, Canandaigua VA Medical Center and/or Rochester Based Outpatient Clinic)Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Performs and documents psychiatric diagnostic evaluations and follow up medication management appointments.
- Performs and documents suicide risk assessments and completes suicide safety plans.
- Develops treatment plans for mental health and substance use disorders.
- Initiates health promotion and disease prevention activities including health education and counseling and the use of prescribed treatments.
- Orders diagnostics studies, such as laboratory tests, radiological exams, EKGs, etc. pertinent to the treatment of psychiatric disorders
- Initiates requests for consults, prosthetics, and non-medical treatments for the treatment of psychiatric disorders.
- Prescribes psychiatric medications and monitors them appropriately
- Conducts individual psychotherapy.
- Admits patients to .Mental Health Residential Rehab Program (MHRRTP) and provides psychiatric consultation during their admission.
- Participates in clinical research.
- Preceptor for Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant students.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Financial Discloser Report: Not required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/491206400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.