OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?Learn more about this agency
The Nurse Practitioner (Psych) position is located in the Behavioral Health Care Line (May be required to work at both locations, Canandaigua VA Medical Center and/or Rochester Based Outpatient Clinic)
- Performs and documents psychiatric diagnostic evaluations and follow up medication management appointments.
- Performs and documents suicide risk assessments and completes suicide safety plans.
- Develops treatment plans for mental health and substance use disorders.
- Initiates health promotion and disease prevention activities including health education and counseling and the use of prescribed treatments.
- Orders diagnostics studies, such as laboratory tests, radiological exams, EKGs, etc. pertinent to the treatment of psychiatric disorders
- Initiates requests for consults, prosthetics, and non-medical treatments for the treatment of psychiatric disorders.
- Prescribes psychiatric medications and monitors them appropriately
- Conducts individual psychotherapy.
- Admits patients to .Mental Health Residential Rehab Program (MHRRTP) and provides psychiatric consultation during their admission.
- Participates in clinical research.
- Preceptor for Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant students.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Financial Discloser Report: Not required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/491206400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.