Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER), Office of Tissue and Advanced Therapies (OTAT) located in Silver Spring, MD.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical area FDA-wide.
As a Lead Biologist, you will have the following responsibilities:
1. Serve as Team Leader with a team consisting of Biologists, Microbiologists, and Biomedical Engineer.
2. Ensure that the organization's strategic plan, mission, vision and values are communicated and integrated into the team's strategies, goals, objectives, and work.
3. Serves as a principal advisor to the Division Director and Branch Chief, and is recognized as the authority in the area of assigned responsibility, responsible for planning, coordinating, and evaluating the regulatory review programs and activities of the Branch for the professional scientific discipline for which the scientist is responsible.
4. Articulate and communicate to the team the assignment, project, problem to be solved, actionable events milestones, and/or program issues under review, and deadlines and time
frames for completion.
5. Keeps abreast of crucial and precedent-setting cases under review; participating or leading task forces or groups called to consider problems or directions in the area of expertise.
6. Train or arrange for the training of team members in methods and techniques of team building.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/491181000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.