This position is part of the Defense Human Resources Activity, Office of People Analytics. The incumbent will be serving as Information Technology Specialist (APPSW) on Software Quality Assurance (SQA) and Software Quality Control (SQC) methodologies for computer-based personnel selection and classification systems and to provide expert technical guidance in this area to other DPAC and DoD researchers and managers.Learn more about this agency
DHRA's mission is to provide program support, information management, and administrative services to the DoD Components on human resource matters and to collect, archive and provide management information, research and analysis of human resources and other related functional area databases for the DoD.
As a IT Specialist (APPSW) at the GS-2210-12/13 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Developing, adapting, and implementing new applications development methods and models that incorporate new technologies, such as object oriented design and analysis and software architecture.
- Researching emerging technologies and planning, developing, and organizing pilot tests in controlled environments, with recommendations for adoption of new methodologies based on favorable feasibility analyses.
- Performing quality control activities to include developing quality checklists, evaluating products such as SQC test plans, test administrators' manuals, users' guides and other related products to determine compliance with standards in the quality management plan.
- Developing and establishing SQA and SQC standards and measures for DPAC's computer-based personnel selection and classification, test delivery applications.
- Conducting analysis on examinee's test scores and associated data to identify potential problem areas and recommend changes in test delivery applications and/or processes as needed. Planning and developing procedures to insure that applications will interface properly with existing application systems
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/491166500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.