OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?Learn more about this agency
THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS JOB ANNOUNCEMENT. IF THE CLOSING DATE ARRIVES BEFORE THE VACANCIES ARE FILLED, THE CLOSING DATE WILL BE EXTENDED. VACANCY WILL NOT CLOSE UNTIL ALL VACANCIES HAVE BEEN FILLED.
The Advanced Medical Instrument Technician (Echocardiography) is a position that substantially exceeds the full performance level. The Advanced MIT Echocardiography Technician will provide services in more complex and non-standard cases. This may include evaluating new products and equipment and making recommendations concerning developments which improve operations. Although this position is nonsupervisory, the Advanced MIT Echocardiography will assume full administrative and professional responsibility for planning and directing their workflow, consulting with management only in situations that require management's involvement in problem resolution. Other duties included but not limited to:
- Performs diagnostic quality images and Doppler frequency shift recordings using M-mode, 2-D, pulsed and continuous wave Doppler spectral display and color flow Doppler imaging.
- Performs complex procedures such as cardiac studies of the 4 chambers of the heart and valves using sector scanning techniques to detect stenotic and incompetent valves, chamber enlargement, and pericardial effusion, thrombus and pressure gradients across obstructed valves.
- Performs transesophageal echocardiograms, dobutamine and exercise stress and 3D echocardiograms.
- Adapts transducer positioning, instrument controls and examination techniques to the individual patient and to the problem to be evaluated.
- Monitors patient's condition during procedures.
- Triages inpatient procedure requests on a daily basis. Ensures that inpatient exams are completed in a timely manner.
- Performs quality assurance reviews on ECHO equipment and processes.
- Participates in facility conferences, task forces and committees as assigned.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with employees at varying grade levels, patients and their families, and customers from outside facilities.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Work Schedule: 1st Shift Monday to Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/491151300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.