The Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC) is the central facility for the acquisition, storage, retrieval, and dissemination of scientific and technical information (STI) supporting the Research and Engineering (R&E) needs of the Department of Defense (DoD). DTIC provides leading edge information services and products to the DoD community as a recognized leader in information and knowledge management innovations.Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for testing software programs in development, staging, and production environments.
- Responsible for wide range of functions, to include tasks related to design, evaluation, development, and testing of Internet, intranet and extranet systems and applications.
- Serves as Information Technology Specialist for Software Quality Assurance.
- Researches and develops an understanding of the requirements for the products being tested and writes detailed test plans.
- Creates test cases for modules, builds test scenarios, and investigates and resolves technical issues in the testing process.
- Creates detailed plans for DTIC products and executes manual and automated functional, non-functional, usability, performance, load, and regression tests using open source tools.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/491149700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.