The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."Learn more about this agency
- Develops energy guidelines to deal with new or experimental equipment for staff.
- Analyzes written material related to energy conservation for mechanical or electrical equipment.
- Performs facility energy audits of SI facilities to identify energy conservation problems and opportunities in conjunction with the Facility Assessment Program.
- Manages energy saving projects for energy equipment by providing designs, plans, formal estimate of work hours and dollar costs for labor and materials.
- Evaluates and validates energy costs including consumption and purchases all needed energy and water (electricity, natural gas, fuel oil, steam, domestic water, and chilled water) in a deregulate market environment for the organization.
- Drafts rules and regulations, manuals or other directives related to mechanical or electrical matters.
Occasional travel - Local and occasional overnight.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This position is open to all U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals. Excepted Service employees may also apply to this announcement.
Note: Federal employees with permanent status or individuals eligible for special appointing authorities should apply to Job Announcement # 18R-DT-303232-MPA-SF.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/491040000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.