This National Guard position is for a Surface Maintenance Mechanic, Position Description Number D1194000 and is part of the NJ UTES, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
As a Surface Maintenance Mechanic, WG-5801-10, you will:
- Troubleshoot, perform maintenance, and major repairs on heavy-duty mobile equipment
- Troubleshoot equipment and diagnose the cause of mechanical failures
- Remove and disassemble engines
- Independently perform repairs and maintenance functions in remote locations
- Conduct readiness and inspections on vehicles
- Assist in the maintenance of production reports and recommendations
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/491023300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.