This National Guard position is for a Aircraft Electrician Supervisor, Position Description Number D1550P01and is part of the NJ 177th MAI SQ, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
As a Aircraft Electrician Supervisor, WS-2892-10, you will:
- Recommend individuals to fill vacancies or for promotion or reassignment.
- Plan and schedule specific work assignments on a daily or project-by-project basis within specified time requirements.
- Attempt to resolve informal complaints and grievances, referring unresolved or more serious issues to the incumbent's supervisor.
- Conducts and/or oversees on-the-job training (OJT) and recommends employees for formal training programs.
- Explain prescribed methods procedures; instruct subordinates on new procedures and provide assistance on problems.
- Prepare for and participate in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and command support exercises.
- Perform the non-supervisory functions of the organizational segment supervised.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490920100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.