Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below for IMPORTANT additional information.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this Air Reserve Technician (ART) Enlisted position is to serve as an Aircraft Mechanic Helper providing support to aircraft mechanic maintenance operations of an Air Force Reserve Maintenance Squadron. This is a developmental position leading to the Aircraft Mechanic Worker, WG-8852-08 and full performance level of journeyman Aircraft Mechanic, WG-8852-10.
- Receive on the job training to become familiar with basic tasks, methods, procedures and tools common to the aircraft mechanic trade.
- Assist journeyman aircraft mechanics in performing the more routine duties of the trade. For example: gather all necessary tools and equipment for assignment; cover work areas with protective materials; and hand tools or other materials to journeyman mechanics as required.
- Learn to read and use work orders, blueprints, schematics, sketches, and repair manuals.
- Learn to use measuring instruments.
- Sweep, dust and remove trash to keep work area clean.
Occasional travel - Incumbent may be required to fly in a military and/or commercial aircraft to perform temporary/permanent duty assignments.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490914300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.