This National Guard position is for a Production Controller (Automotive), Position Description Number D1705000and is part of the NJ 177th LRS SQ, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
As a Production Controller (Automotive), GS-1152-9, you will:
- Project parts, contract services, funds, and personnel required
- Assign work priorities for all scheduled/unscheduled maintenance
- Ensure the workload is balanced between work centers
- Jointly establish overall objectives with supervisor
- Conduct vehicle operator debriefs and assign repair requirements to proper work center
- Analyze, plans, and carry out recurring production control tasks
- Independently resolve most production, labor, machine and material conflicts that arise
- Schedule maintenance with local vendors as required
- Manage and audit cost data to ensure all material is validated and properly charged
- Provide management detailed analysis on current or potentials problems
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490905800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.