Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
- Position is located in the Office of the Chief of Public Affairs, Digital Media Division (DMD). You will be responsible for developing modern and engaging content for the Department of the Army's primary social media platforms.
- The work is primarily sedentary; however, there is some walking, standing, bending, and carrying of light objects (paper, books, etc).
- The work involves everyday risks and discomforts typical of offices and meeting rooms. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
Who May Apply: US Citizens Learn more about this agency
- As a Public Affairs Specialist in the Social Media division you will apply modern, industry techniques to create engaging social media content to tell the Army's story and communicate Army priorities on the Army's official Social Media Platforms.
- Operate the Army's host of social media platforms, which currently include Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Flickr, Twitter, Pinterest, Snap Chat and the Army Live blog.
- Provide or coordinate for social media coverage of major communication events and efforts using the Army's official social media platforms.
- Research new and innovative tools, programs, systems, software, services and social media industry trends to maintainDigital Media Division (DMD) currency and relevance with social media efforts and strategies.
- Assist DMD Social Media Manager with preparing social media training and educational materials to provide guidance and training to personnel.
- Research, write, develop and present decision/information papers and briefings.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490896700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.