The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win…in air, space and cyberspace.Learn more about this agency
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
NOTE: THIS IS A TERM POSITION NOT-TO-EXCEED 13 MONTHS with the potential to be extended in 12-month increments for a period up to 6 years, and may be converted to a permanent position without further competition depending on funding and performance. Under a term appointment, an employee may be promoted, demoted, detailed, or reassigned to other term positions.
Applications will be accepted from United States citizens (U.S. citizenship required at time of application).
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
For information on veteran's preference click here
90-DAY COMPETITIVE CERTIFICATE: This vacancy announcement may be used to fill like vacancies for 90-days from the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as/if additional vacancies occur during this period.
The primary purpose of this position is: to enforce laws, rules, regulations, procedures, and operating methods to independently perform routine, recurring kinds of fixed post and patrol assignments, to maintain law and order, preserve the peace, and protect life and civil rights within the jurisdiction of the military installation.
- Performs and enforces the full range of police officer duties within the military installation.
- Serves as a Security Forces Dispatcher for the installation.
- Performs the full range of Base Entry Controller duties.
- Performs the full range of duties for defending protection level resources.
Not required - Occasional travel away from the normal duty station on military and/or commercial aircraft may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal and Regulatory Guide
- Position requires a SECRET security clearance.
- Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid.
- Recruitment incentives are not authorized.
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work requires regular/recurring physical exertion such as long periods of standing, walking, driving, bending, stooping, reaching, crawling, and similar activities. Employees engage in such exertions when responding to alarms, pursuing suspects, or participating in weapons or other kinds of training activities, climbing stairs in office buildings, or walking foot patrols in and around large buildings. You will be required to continually stoop, bend, crouch and lift objects in the commercial vehicle search pit. Work may require common physical characteristics/abilities in agility and dexterity and strength to pursue, apprehend, and detain uncooperative suspects.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work performed in settings of regular/recurring exposure to moderate discomforts and unpleasantness, i.e. high levels of noise in industrial settings and from aircraft engines and weapons fire, high temperatures in confined spaces, or adverse weather conditions during extended periods of traffic/patrol duties. May be required to use protective clothing or gear such as masks, gowns, coats, boots, goggles, gloves, or shields. Work also involves moderate risk/discomfort when working outdoors without shelter or operating vehicles for extended periods of time.
- Uncommon tour of duty, to include nights, weekends, holidays, overtime, rotating shifts, and recall may be required.
- Must wear a uniform and meet applicable dress/appearance standards per current Air Force instructions.
- May be required to wear protective clothing such as coats, boots, and vests and/or chemical protective equipment, (e.g. respirator mask).
- Ability to operate all Security Forces vehicles and installed equipment required.
- Must pass formal law enforcement training school as determined by functional; Federally recognized Law Enforcement Academy certificate preferred.
- Must obtain first responder training/certifications in CPR, self aid and buddy care, and first aid.
- Must maintain current certifications and complete recurring training to remain knowledgeable of specialized tactics, techniques and procedures necessary for preparation and response to catastrophic events, terrorist attacks and related threats to the installation.
- Possess ability to employ "infantry/SWAT" small unit tactics involving fire and maneuver, with rapid advancing movement between defensive postions, while wearing protective gear for extended periods of time.
QualificationsIn order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: You must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience which provided knowledge of a body of basic laws and regulations, law enforcement operations, practices, and techniques and involved responsibility for maintaining order and protecting life and property encompassing force protection, preserving peace, detecting and investigation crimes, arresting/apprehending violators, and assisting citizens in emergency situations. This experience must have been at a level of difficulty and complexity sufficient to demonstrate the ability to perform the duties of this position, which include performing dispatcher duties involving passing of directions and information to officers on patrol assignments, protecting evidence at the scene of an incident and performing booking procedures. It may have been gained in the private sector, volunteer service, military service, and/or government service, etc.
NOTE: Creditable specialized experience may have been gained in work on a police force; through service as a military police officer; in work providing visitor protection and law enforcement in parks, forests, or other natural resource or recreational environments; in performing criminal investigative duties; or in other work that provided the required knowledge and skills.
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of police officer procedures and operating methods to perform the full range of police officer activities independently.
2. Knowledge of special operating requirements, methods and procedures for enforcing specialized personnel access controls and preventing unauthorized access to areas where stringent security requirements are enforced.
3. Knowledge of the rights of detained individuals and organization rules regarding the appropriate use of foce to be used in the apprehension of persons.
4. Knowledge of the practices, methods and techniques for functioning as a quick reation force team member in support of integrated base defense and of specialized weapons, security systems, and equipment.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated in the "Highly Qualified" or "Best Qualified" Category on the rating criteria for this vacancy. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Temporary and Term Appointments: If you are selected for a temporary or term position in the competitive service, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition. Additionally, if you are serving on a term appointment in the competitive service, you may be converted to a career or career-conditional appointment without further competition. NOTE: Current federal civilian employees may apply for this position and if selected, a break in service of at least 3 days may be required prior to appointment to this position. Submit your most current copy of your SF 50
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
Incentives: Recruitment and/or retention incentives may or may not be used.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
BASIS OF RATING:
Your application will be rated under the Category Rating procedures based on the extent to which the quality, depth, and complexity of your experience and education relate to the qualifications requirement. Additional points are not added for Veteran's Preference; however, Veteran Preference is still applied.
Category 3, Best Qualified: Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements.
Category 2, Highly Qualified: Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements.
Category 1, Qualified: Candidates in this category meet the minimum education and/or experience requirements.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire. The numeric rating you received is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number.
Background checks and security clearance
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application for this Public Notice:
- Online Application - Questionnaire
- Resume - must include beginning and ending month and year for each employment period
- Transcripts - must contain the university logo (can be a copy)
- Registration/License - active, current registration/license if applicable for the position
- Veterans' Preference - a copy of your DD Form 214 (copy 2 or 4) which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10-point preference you must submit a VA Letter (may be retrieved through E-Benefits) or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of purple heart, if applicable) and a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference).
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 13 Feb 2018.
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10131086
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Application button at the end of the process.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application. The Vacancy ID is 10131086
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Human Resources WILL NOT modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
Agency contact information
455 Byron St
Robins AFB, GA 31098
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email. After a review of your complete application is made you will be notified of your rating and/or referral to the hiring official.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application.Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for consideration. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the More Information link under the application status for this position.
If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490893700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.