Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.Learn more about this agency
About the Position:
This position is in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). Employees occupying DCIPS positions are in the Excepted Service and must adhere to U.S. Code, Title 10, as well as Department of Defense Instruction 1400.25. This position is located at the SSSE.
Relocation expenses may be authorized.
WARNING: DO NOT INCLUDE CLASSIFIED INFORMATION IN YOUR APPLICATION PACKET! Application packages that contain Classified information WILL NOT receive consideration for this position. Should you submit a resume or any other document as part of your application package and it is confirmed that any of the information is Classified, in addition to being found ineligible for consideration for this position, your Security Office will be notified to determine if any further action is warranted.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 10-Point Other Veterans? Rating
- 5-Point Veterans' Preference
- Current Army Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current DoD Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Disabled Veteran w/ a Service-Connected Disability, More than 10%, Less than 30%
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Prior Federal Service Employee
- United States Citizen Applying to a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Position
Army DCIPS positions apply Veteran's Preference to preference eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement.
- Serves as Contract Specialist responsible for pre-award and post-award functions involving highly specialized procurements.
- Provides technical expertise on contractual and business matters by providing contracting and acquisition advice.
- Requirements typically involve systems or programs such as research, development, and production of extensive, specialized equipment or systems.
- Develops procurement objectives for the program in terms of competition and price range, and constructs the contractual vehicle including use of pricing arrangements, subcontracting policy, and similar considerations.
- Prepares and maintains current acquisition plans, appropriate milestone charts, and related schedules.
- Advises program officials of the procurement objectives to be used, and assists in the preparation of performance work statements, statements of work, and statements of objectives.
- Analyzes contractor proposals, conducts pre-proposal conference with prospective contractors, and issues necessary modifications to clarify questions and concerns. Plans negotiation strategy and leads negotiations to develop contract prices and terms.
- Performs the full range of contract administration functions, including incremental funding, preparation of rate and cost adjustments, redirection of effort, coordination of extensions, change orders, issuance of stop work orders, etc.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490893100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.