Conditions of Term Appointment:
- Term not-to-exceed 2 years; however, may be extended up to a maximum of 4 years based on the agency's need.
- Term appointments do not confer permanent status in the Federal service. Nor eligible to be converted non-competitively to permanent positions.
Only the first 100 applications received will be reviewed. Once the 100 application threshold has been reached, the announcement will be closed that midnight (Any applications received before midnight will be accepted and reviewed for consideration).
About this agency
The Export-Import Bank of the United States (EXIM) is the official export credit agency of the United States. EXIM's mission is supporting American jobs by facilitating the export of U.S. goods and services - at no cost to U.S. taxpayers. When private sector lenders are unable or unwilling to provide financing, EXIM fills in the gap for American businesses by equipping them with the financing support necessary to compete for global sales. In doing so, EXIM levels the playing field for U.S. exporters going up against foreign competition in overseas markets, enabling American companies to create and maintain more good-paying jobs here in the U.S. The Bank provides coverage in more than 185 countries and no U.S. company or transaction is too big or too small.
This position is located in the Office of the SVP Communications under the supervision of the Senior Vice President of Communications and other staff within the Communications division. This office is responsible for public affairs activities, business and media outreach, and marketing of EXIM Bank programs. Learn more about this agency
At the full performance level, duties include, but are not limited to:
- Answers telephone calls and correspondence; e.g. Fields questions and redirects inquiries to other Communications staff related to EXIM Banks programs including, but not limited to: the country limitation schedule, requests for fact sheets on EXIM Bank policy and program information and any other media or customer service related requests.
- Prepares and drafts written correspondence to EXIM Bank's customers and directed by staff in the Office of Communications.
- Updates and edits EXIM Bank program literature, manuals, fact sheets and success stories under the direction of the Office of Communications.
- Assists with graphic designs for public affairs or marketing efforts as directed.
- Provides updates as needed to computer databases on client information and activity and other information as required.
- Prepares trip reports, letters, faxes and other written materials as requested by the Senior Vice President of Communications and staff including:
- Organizing daily clips; distributing clips to the Chairman's staff, Communications staff and other lists.
- Finalizing (incorporating edits), distributing and filing speeches and press releases.
- Organizes speeches, business communications and press releases for easily retrievable copies in printed or electronic format.
- Maintains specialized fax and e-mail lists for press release distribution. Standard distribution includes sending releases to: the web team, press lists, Embassies, faxes distribution services and bank wide
- Organizes and file board agendas and minutes.
- Organizes and file credit committee meeting agendas and minutes.
- Provides daily coverage of the Office of Communications. This includes serving as the Senior Vice President's executive assistant. Duties include: answering the phone, managing the schedule of the SVP (preparing briefing materials, keeping meetings on time) and other administration tasks.
- Keeps apprised of the daily issues/problems potentially requiring action, decision, or resolution at a senior level and assists in effectively addressing such matters and setting office priorities.
- Coordinates the administrative work of the office; delegates, assigns, tracks and follows-up on work that has been disseminated to support staff. The incumbent attends meetings in lieu of supervisor and represents the supervisor's point of view.
- Prepares travel orders for the SVP for local, domestic and international travel.
- Other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490892500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.