The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is looking for the best and brightest to join our team. Our mission includes advocating for investors who seek to secure a future for their family, providing guidance and regulations for the nation's securities industry in an increasingly global market, and taking action with an eye toward promoting the capital formation necessary to sustain economic growth.
A career with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) offers work that is exciting, challenging and rewarding. You can contribute to securities regulation and enforcement while making a positive difference for the American investing public. The SEC provides:
- Careers that broaden and deepen your already accomplished knowledge, skills and abilities;
- An environment that allows you to work and learn with the nation's experts;
- Benefits, compensation and career expansion opportunities; and
- A balance between your professional and family life.
- Paid dental and vision insurance;
- Subsidy for health insurance, which supplements your health benefits premiums by $29.81 for self-only coverage, $55.69 for self plus one, and $59.61 for family coverage;
- Domestic Partner Health Insurance Reimbursement Program;
- Mass transportation subsidy;
- "WorkSmart" - Opportunities for flexible work schedules and expanded telework
Office of the Ethics Counsel: Oversees compliance with Federal ethics law, including the Government Wide Standards of Conduct, related federal statutes, Office of Government regulations, and Commission requirements. The office provides advice and policy guidance to present and former Commission members and employees on a variety of issues, including personal and financial conflicts of interest, securities holdings and transactions by Commission employees and their immediate families, gifts, seeking and negotiating other employment, outside activities, and financial disclosure. The Ethics staff also drafts, comments on, and implements regulations concerning ethical conduct issues.
Learn more about this agency
If selected, you will join a well-respected team that is responsible for providing legal advice in the area of ethics or compliance laws.
Typical Duties Include:
- Serves as a senior management compliance attorney providing direction and oversight for a staff serving as the legal counsel for the area of business and personal ethics.
- Oversees and supervises the agency's Personal Trading Compliance System (PTCS).
- Addresses question of law on the SEC's supplemental regulations and makes policy decisions to assure legal advice, opinions rendered, and determinations made to ensure the propriety of SEC actions, policies, practices, and positions under pertinent ethics statutory and regulatory provisions.
- Supervises and leads the agency's compliance testing program to insure agency employees are complying with applicable SEC ethics regulations.
- Audits and evaluates compliance of SEC personnel through review of brokerage statements, financial disclosure forms and PTCS data.
- Maintains a high profile throughout the SEC in practicing and promoting preventive law by exercising exceptional initiative, ingenuity, and resourcefulness in foreseeing legal impediments to the accomplishment of mission objectives and developing solutions to those impediments.
- Assures that SEC executive management is made aware of existing and potential legal issues and other legislation and regulations impacting the SEC ethics program and agency operations.
- Assures the fulfillment of requirements for a quality legal product and the continued development of subordinates to meet changing legal requirements and contingencies.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens and Non-Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490883600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.