Join Team DCMA -- Challenge yourself!
The Defense Contract Management Agency serves as the independent eyes and ears of the Department of Defense (DoD) and its partners, delivering actionable acquisition insight from the factory floor to the front line around the world. We are an independent combat support agency within the DoD. We are the Department's contract manager, responsible for ensuring Federal acquisition programs, supplies, and services are delivered on time, within cost and meet performance requirements.
About the Position: Defense Contract Management Agency uses the Expedited Hiring Authority to recruit and appoint qualified individuals directly into shortage category or critical need acquisition positions.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected.
- All U.S. Citizens and Nationals with allegiance to the United States
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) Eligible
- Performs various contract administration functions, including monitoring canceled funds, performing reconciliation, conducting contract closeouts, maintaining database integrity, determining eligibility, and verifying evidence of contractor progress for approval of contract financing, and solving problems relating to assigned contracts.
- Monitors contractor performance for compliance with applicable laws, delivery schedules, payment provisions, contract data reporting requirements, and other contractual requirements.
- Coordinates with the buying office on contractor's requests for waivers or deviations from contract terms.
- Negotiates with contractors for consideration when delinquencies occur.
- Reviews contractor proposals and determines the extent of price or cost analysis and technical analysis required.
Occasional travel - Business travel 10% of the time.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship is Required
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required
- Tour of Duty: Full Time
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Bargaining Unit: Yes
- Position has positive education requirement.
- This is a Defense Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level II within 24 months of entrance on duty.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- May require overtime work.
- Relocation/Retention Incentive will not be authorized.
- Defense National Relocation Program will not be authorized.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- All selections under an announcement must be made within 6 months from the issuance date of the certificate referral list.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Must file an annual financial statement.
- In order to qualify, you must meet the education/experience requirements described below.
- Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job.
To qualify, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade/level GS-11. Specialized experience is defined as: Experience with various contract administration functions including monitoring canceled funds, performing reconciliation, conducting contract closeout, maintaining database integrity, determining eligibility and verify evidence of contractor progress for approval of contract financing, and solving problems relating to assigned contracts. Monitors contractor performance for applicable laws delivery schedule and payment provision, contract data reporting requirements and other contractual requirements. Coordinates with buying office on contractors request for waiver or deviations form contract terms. Negotiates with contractors for consideration when delinquencies occur review contractor proposals and determines the extent of price or cost analysis and technical analysis required
Education can be substituted for experience.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Close-Out Contracts
- Contract Performance Management
- Proposal Evaluation (Contracting by Negotiation)
Applicants must meet basic eligibility requirements such as minimum qualifications, and other regulatory requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
BASIC EDUCATION REQUIREMENT (Contracting Series):
A bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees AND at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. (This requirement can be obtained within the degree or in addition to the degree). NOTE: Current civilian personnel in DoD, who occupied GS-1102 positions or contracting positions with authority to award or administer contracts above the simplified acquisition threshold in an Executive Department on or before September 30, 2000 are exempt from meeting this requirement. Current military members who occupied a similar occupational specialty to the GS-1102 on or before September 30, 2000 are also exempt from meeting this requirement.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. The DoD policy is available at: www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf
- In accordance with section 9902(h) of title 5, United States Code, annuitants reemployed in the Department of Defense shall receive full annuity and salary upon appointment. They shall not be eligible for retirement contributions, participation in the Thrift Savings Plan, or a supplemental or redetermined annuity for the reemployment period. Discontinued service retirement annuitants (i.e. retired under section 8336(d)(1) or 8416(b)(1)(A) of title 5, United States Code) appointed to the Department of Defense may elect to be subject to retirement provisions of the new appointment as appropriate. (See DoD instructions 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives .
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Background checks and security clearance
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply (i.e., applying as a veteran, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc).
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
- You MUST submit documents verifying your eligibility with your application package. These documents may include, but are not limited to: For current employment verification, SF-50, DD3434 or other federal agencies official "Notification of Personnel Action" equivalent (Note: SF-52 or agencies "Request for Personnel Action" is not acceptable); For MSP claims PCS orders and marriage certificate; For verification of Veteran status, DD214 (which indicates character of service), SF-15, VA Letter and/or Activation/Deactivation orders.
- Cover Letter, optional
- This position has an individual occupational requirement and/or allows for substitution of education for experience. If you meet this requirement based on education you MUST submit a copy of your transcript with your application package or you will be rated ineligible.
Future Separation from the Military*: You are required to submit a copy of your most recent DD Form 214 (Member 4 Copy) OR certification document** OR a copy of your most recent active duty orders AND a copy of your terminal leave request (if applicable). You will be required to provide your DD Form 214(Member 4 Copy) upon issuance.
*Active duty military members who are selected may not be appointed unless on terminal leave or already separated from the armed forces.
** The "certification" is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is submitted. The Statement of Service must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters, AND the Statement of Service letter must include your rank, dates of active duty service, the Type of Discharge, Character of Service (i.e. honorable), and, if applicable, when your terminal leave will begin.
Special Employment Consideration: DCMA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities [i.e., intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities], and/or Disabled veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more. For information on how to apply under this appointment authority via the Selective Placement Coordinator, please visit http://dcmacareers.com/index.cfm/disabilities/
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 02/26/2018 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application (https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10133292).
- Follow the prompts to select your résumé and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
- You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
- It is your responsibility to verify that your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
- Additional information on how to complete the online application process and submit your online application may be found on the USA Staffing Applicant Resource Center.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
The Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Your requests for reasonable accommodation will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
Agency contact information
DCMA Army Applicant Help Desk
DO NOT MAIL
Boston, MA 02210
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
For questions regarding the status of your application, eligibility or qualifications determination contact: email@example.com.
Generally, applicant inquiries will be responded to within 10 business days from receipt at the Human Resource Office.
Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and will not be considered any further.
PLEASE NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents like military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for other than the applicant. These documents may be sanitized to remove such personal information before submission with the application. Applicants may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents upon selection to confirm eligibility
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490870600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.