If you want to do interesting and challenging work and to make a contribution to national defense, DISA is a great place for you. DISA provides secure and reliable communications and computing support that enable the President and our military forces to communicate globally through voice, video, and data transmission. DISA is a leader within the Federal Government in implementing "people programs" and offers a broad range of quality-of-life and training programs. Go to www.disa.mil for more information.Learn more about this agency
This position is in the Senior Executive Service (SES), a small elite group of top government leaders. SES members possess a diverse portfolio of experiences including strong skills to lead across organizations.
The position reports to the Director, Development and Business Center (DBC), SES Tier II. The incumbent's role and actions will represent DISA at senior level DOD technical meetings encompassing Cyber Security matters or policy; and is responsible for leading in the acquisition, development, technical leadership, direction, and control over Cyber Security and NETOPS strategies, technologies, and operation. This individual will be working closely with the Risk Management Executive (RME), Cyber Security Risk Management/Authorizing (CS RM/AO) with regards to Cyber Security acquisition, development, adherence to DoD policy, regulations, and the federal laws. Performance of these duties strongly influences the development of information systems within DISA, the Military Services and other Defense Agencies by ensuring a secure DoDIN.
Through the Director, Development and Business Center (DBC) and Vice Director, DBC, the incumbent of this position is responsible for establishing goals, priorities, and measures of effectiveness to ensure that DISA and OSD cyber security driven information technology policy and objectives are achieved with regard to standardization and consolidation DoD-wide. Provides executive lifecycle management of enterprise capabilities to support Cyber Security and the DoD transformation to cloud based technology through the adoption and fielding of enterprise-focused IT systems development and capabilities. Through the Director, DBC and the Vice Director, DBC provides critical advisement in the planning for and development of Cyber Security technology and DoD information services infrastructure throughout DoD.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Under the guidance of the Director, DBC, providing planning and critical recommendations for the development, operation and maintenance of Cyber Security technology, Information Technology/ Systems, and Enterprise Services, in conjunction with and in close coordination with the Risk Management Executive, Component Acquisition Executive, and Director, Center for Operations;
- Oversees all Cyber Security development efforts in DISA; ensures that Cyber Security is appropriately applied to project lifecycles by overseeing the defining of security requirements, design of security requirements, and the justification/proof of adherence to the approved designs, in order to pass RME; Cyber Security;
- Advises the Component Acquisition Executive and other DISA senior management of priority actions, new concepts, and budgetary revisions. Makes decisions and provides direction relative to programmatic and operational adjustments;
- Convenes appropriate Cyber Security governance and coordinating bodies within DISA to ensure that Cyber Security is properly advanced across the spectrum of DISA activities. Leads a DISA-wide forum in which the DISA Cyber Security development efforts are reviewed, priorities are debated, and priority change recommendations are made to the DISA Director, DoD CIO, and other key stakeholders appropriate; and
- Soliciting computer and network requirements from main stakeholders and customers DoD-wide; extensive outreach marketing communications with the private sector to satisfy the DoD needs and meet future goals and visions. Under direction from the Director, DBC, work with the CTO, CAE, RME, and Director, OPC to provide a single marketing voice to the customer for Cyber Security technology and DISA Enterprise Services mission. Develops proposals and support agreements for delivery of DISA products and services
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel (20-30%)
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490830200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.