The Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) works in partnership with the entire health care community to improve quality and efficiency in an evolving health care system and provides leadership in the broader health care marketplace.
CMS' effectiveness depends on the capabilities of a dedicated, professional staff that is committed to supporting these objectives. A career with CMS offers the opportunity to get involved in important national health care issues and be part of a dynamic, fast-paced, and highly visible organization. For more information on CMS, please visit: http://www.cms.gov/.
This position is located in the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Office of Communications (OC), Web and New Media Group (WNMG), Division of Website Operations (DWO).
WHO MAY APPLY:
- United States Citizens or Nationals
- Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)
Click here for more information and definitions regarding applicants who may apply to this vacancy announcement. Learn more about this agency
As a Information Technology Specialist (Internet), GS-2210-13, you will develop, maintain, and continuously improve interactive databases as well as static content for CMS websites. Works as a member or may lead teams involving development, implementation, and maintenance of information for the CMS websites.
Specifically you will:
- Develop interactive database applications and associated project functions.
- Provide technical advice, instruction, and leadership to all CMS components in the identification and procurement of systems applications for web-based application enhancement.
- Make improvements to CMS websites by analyzing program data, research findings, or national trends, applying expertise in web-based design, and guiding the development of recommended changes to improve display of content or data collection processes.
- Develop business cases for Internet-related projects including: customer needs, strategic benefits, identification of stakeholders, risks associated with implementation, technologies required, process descriptions, and expected costs.
Current Commissioned Corps Officers and boarded applicants interested in applying for this position must send their professional resume (not Curriculum Vitae) and cover letter to DSRWS-CC@cms.hhs.gov in lieu of applying through this announcement. You are to include the Job Announcement Number in the subject line and your current rank/application status in your email. Failure to provide this information may impact your consideration for this position.
Applicants eligible under Schedule A authority interested in applying for this position must submit their resume, Schedule A documentation, transcripts (if positive education required or qualifying through education substitution), and cover letter (optional) to SpecialPrograms@cms.hhs.gov. You MUST include the Job Announcement Number in the subject line of the email to receive consideration for the position. For additional information regarding Schedule A authority click here.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490819100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.