Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.Learn more about this agency
About the Position:
The Information Technology Specialist (Data Management) position is located at William Beaumont Army Medical Center, Information Management Division.
About William Beaumont:
William Beaumont is located at the base of the Franklin Mountains in the central part of El Paso bordering 3 states and 2 countries. William Beaumont offers ample free parking to its staff and visitors and is accessible from I-10, Patriot Freeway, and Border Highway. Contained within the medical center is a small exchange, dining facility, barber shop, chapel, credit union, small gym, and a quarter-mile running track is within walking distance. City buses also provide service to and from the Center. The staff of William Beaumont are closely-knit and consider each other as team members within the similar goal of providing excellent patient care to its customers. Caring for our soldiers and their families is an excellent way of showing our support. New employees are welcomed and oriented to these goals. William Beaumont Army Medical Center is a Smoke (Tobacco) Free Campus.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
As a Information Technology Specialist (Data Management), GS-2210-11, some of your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Researches current market trends, conducting reviews of current information technological advancements and devises.
- Provides recommendations concerning database technologies and architectures that are within acceptable ranges.
- Analyzes and tests new systems and applications using established data files and implements database backend as required.
- Designs and modifies the storage structure and mappings between physical drives and databases.
- Determines search strategies to be used, user rules, record relationships, and data compression techniques.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490739900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.