Position OverviewLearn more about this agency
The District IT Security Officer ("ISO") performs professional and technical work related to the management of IT security policies, planning, development, implementation, training, and support for all courts units within the Southern District of Florida, which comprises U.S. District Court, U.S. Bankruptcy Court and U.S. Probation Office. The position is located in the Clerk's Office, Computer Services Department and will be providing support to the Clerk of Court, Chief Deputy for IT, Southern District of Florida Courts, on all matters regarding IT security strategy, and implementation of IT security protocols, policies, procedures, and systems. Candidate will have periodic travel within and outside the Southern District of Florida. This position reports directly to the Director of Automation.
- Review, evaluate, and make recommendations on courts' technology security programs, including automation, telecommunications, and other technology utilized by the Clerk's Office, Bankruptcy Court, and U.S. Probation Office. Promote and support security services available within the Southern District of Florida (Clerk's Office, Bankruptcy Court and U.S. Probation Office).
- Provide technical advisory services to securely design, implement, maintain, or modify information technology systems and networks that are critical to the operation and success of all court units within the Southern District of Florida. Perform research to identify potential vulnerabilities in, and threats to, existing and proposed technologies, and notify the appropriate managers/personnel of the risk potential.
- Provide advice on matters of IT security, including security strategy and implementation, to judges, court unit executives, and other senior court staff. Serve as an information security resource to all court units within the Southern District of Florida regarding federal and judiciary security regulations and procedures.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of local court unit security policies and guidance, the remediation of identified risks, and the implementation of security measures.
- Develop, analyze, and evaluate new and innovative information technology concepts, approaches, methodologies, techniques, services, guidance, and policies that will constructively transform the information security posture of all court units within the circuit. Make recommendations regarding best practices and implement changes in policy.
- Provide security analysis of IT activities to ensure that appropriate security measures are in place and are enforced. Conduct security risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify weaknesses, risks, and protection requirements. Utilize standard reporting templates, automated security tools, and cross-functional teams to facilitate security assessments.
- Oversee the implementation of security on information systems and the generation of security documentation for system authorization and operation. Manage information security projects (or security-related aspects of other IT projects) to ensure milestones are completed in the appropriate order, in a timely manner, and according to schedule. Prepare justifications for budget requests. Prepare special management reports as needed.
- Serve as a liaison with court stake holders to integrate security into the system development lifecycle. Facilitate project meetings, educate project stakeholders about security concepts, and create supporting methodologies and templates to meet security requirements and controls.
- Assist courts in developing policies and procedures to ensure information systems' reliability and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks, and data.
- Create and employ methodologies, templates, guidelines, checklists, procedures, and other documents to establish repeatable processes across the circuit's information technology security services.
- Establish mechanisms to promote awareness and adoption of security best practices.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All Candidates meeting the requirements
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490708100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.