The Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) works in partnership with the entire health care community to improve quality and efficiency in an evolving health care system and provides leadership in the broader health care marketplace.
CMS' effectiveness depends on the capabilities of a dedicated, professional staff that is committed to supporting these objectives. A career with CMS offers the opportunity to get involved in important national health care issues and be part of a dynamic, fast-paced, and highly visible organization. For more information on CMS, please visit: http://www.cms.gov/.
This position is located in the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Office of Enterprise Data and Analytics, Data Development and Services Group (DDSG), Division of Research Data Development (DRDD).
WHO MAY APPLY:
- United States Citizens or Nationals
- Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)
Click here for more information and definitions regarding applicants who may apply to this vacancy announcement. Learn more about this agency
As a Information Technology Specialist (Systems Analysis), GS-2210-13, you will plan, synchronize and perform systems design and development of the Chronic Condition Warehouse (CCW).
Specifically you will:
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate the Chronic Condition Warehouse (CCW) Change Request Process to effectively administer systems changes by engaging with the CCW stakeholder community to determine user needs and assuring the appropriate modifications are made to the CCW to accommodate these needs.
- Plan, schedule, estimate and monitor CCW system releases and change request progress and associated development and operational costs using project management and resource estimating techniques.
- Review and analyze the validation of IT needs and requirements, including data, access needs and security, to design and develop appropriate system designs, access methods and information security controls.
- Represent customer requirements ensuring integration of all CCW components (database, policies, procedures, software and hardware).
Current Commissioned Corps Officers and boarded applicants interested in applying for this position must send their professional resume (not Curriculum Vitae) and cover letter to DSRWS-CC@cms.hhs.gov in lieu of applying through this announcement. You are to include the Job Announcement Number in the subject line and your current rank/application status in your email. Failure to provide this information may impact your consideration for this position.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement CMS-OEDA-ST-18-10132396 under Merit Promotion procedures. If you wish to be considered under both announcements, you must apply separately to each announcement. In addition, applicants eligible under non-competitive appointment authorities (e.g., Schedule A, Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA), 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans, etc.) who are interested in applying for this position, please apply under vacancy announcement CMS-OEDA-ST-18-10132396 to be considered under non-competitive procedures.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 5% for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490649100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.