This position is located in the Support Division, Transportation Branch, Office of Facilities Management and Reliability (OFMR), Smithsonian Facilities (SF), Smithsonian Institution. The purpose of this position is to operate a variety of motor vehicles to transport cargo and passengers.Learn more about this agency
- Operates a variety of large vehicles including box trucks, shuttle buses, and tour buses.
- Transports a wide variety of cargo including animals (live and carcass), hay and food, property and equipment, auto parts, and authorized passengers.
- Performs or oversees the arranging of cargo to prevent shifting or falling and to prevent vehicle sway.
- Occasionally is assigned to operate heavy duty engineering equipment in conjunction with construction, maintenance, and repair operations.
- Provides training to lower-graded personnel on all material handling equipment, electric, gas, diesel, and propane lifts; man personnel lifts, agricultural tractors, Class B CDL vehicles (buses and trucks), and skidsteer and attachments.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This position is open to all U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals (including Veterans recruitment). Excepted Service employees may also apply to this announcement.
Note: Federal employees with permanent status or individuals eligible for special appointing authorities may also apply to Job Announcement #18R-DT-303333-MPA-SF.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490647000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.