OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?Learn more about this agency
The Overton Brooks VA Medical Center is located in the northwest corner of the state, commonly known as the "Ark-La-Tex," the point where Arkansas, Louisiana and Texas meet. The Shreveport-Bossier City, LA area is home of Barksdale Air Force Base. With a population of nearly 400,000 in the city's metropolitan region, the area promises much to do while maintaining a reasonable cost of living, 17 percent lower than the national average. Shreveport/Bossier City is a popular tourist destination. There is an excellent climate and low cost of living. We have numerous colleges and universities, theaters, lakes, golf courses & other available family entertainment. Sporting activities include hunting, fishing, and the Independence Bowl. Cultural activities include Strand Theatre, Sci-Port Discovery museum for children, Norton Museum of Fine Arts, Marjorie Lyons Playhouse, Peter Pan Players, and Century Link Center arena where numerous concerts are held (i.e. Aerosmith, George Strait and Disney on Ice, etc.). For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/ Benefits employees receive working for the federal government include 10 paid holidays each year, paid vacation, sick leave, retirement fund and can participate in the Thrift Savings Plan (similar to 401K) with matching contributions, just to name a few.
The Orthopedic Staff Physician is administratively and clinically responsible to the Chief, Surgical Service.
DUTIES of an Orthopedic physician provides clinical management of patients with Orthopedic diseases including but not limited to:
- Examinations - Uses assessment skills to promptly exam new patients thoroughly using appropriate clinical, laboratory and other pertinent data.
- Diagnosis - Accurately interprets and evaluates clinical data for the purpose of determining diagnosis and clinical status.
- Surgical Skills - Initiates and completes orthopedic operative procedures appropriately.
- Teaching and Monitoring - Serves as a mentor in the role of teacher for fellows, residents, trainees, students, and other employees.
- Identification of Research and Development Problems - Selects, develops, and conducts literature search on researchable problems that are relevant to the health care of veterans hand as a reasonable expectation of successful conclusion.
- Reporting and Publication - Prepares timely, sound, and orderly reports. Scientific results are known by publishing data in recognized scientific journals and through presentation of professional meetings.
Financial Disclosure Report: NOT Required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490557100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.