This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) Enlisted position.Learn more about this agency
Air Reserve Technicians are part of the regular civil service and enjoy all the benefits granted to Federal employees in the competitive civil service. In addition, ARTs are required to maintain active membership in an Air Force Reserve unit so long as they occupy Air Reserve Technician positions. As members of reserve units, ARTs receive on average one weekend of military training per month. In addition, they are eligible for 15 days active duty tour each year for which military leave is granted with full civilian pay. Air Reserve units and members are subject to immediate call to active duty in mobilization to meet a national emergency.
This is a standing register used to fill position at AFRC locations as vacancies occur. Some positions may have promotion potential to a higher grade than the grade being filled. Multiple vacancies may be filled from this announcement. The beginning and ending salaries may vary depending on location of position.
The first cut-off for this announcement is two (2) weeks from the opening date of this announcement. After the first cut off, the cut-off will be the 25th of each month.
The cut-off date for these positions is the 25th of each month. Therefore, if we receive your application by midnight on the 25th of the month, you are eligible to go on the register the following month. Some positions covered may or may not be obligated. Therefore, the selectee may be displaced by reassignment or reduction in force procedures at a later time should the previous incumbent exercise his/her reemployment rights.
Retired military are usually ineligible for membership in the Air Force Reserve. Retired military personnel who have active Air Force Reserve assignments may apply provided they show assignment (position and unit) on their application.
The Government's most important asset is its people.
The primary purpose of this Air Reserve Technician (ART) Enlisted position is to serve as an Electronic Integrated System Mechanic in an aircraft maintenance organization of an Air Force Reserve Unit. The incumbent will perform duties such as:
- Rebuilding, overhauling, installing, troubleshooting, repairing, modifying, calibrating, aligning, and maintaining, integrated systems, i.e., where the output of a number of sensors subsystems are integrated in a logic subsystem and the resultant used to modify the operation of the total system. Examples are: fire control, flight/landing control, bombing-navigation, and electronic warfare or multiple integrated electronic systems composed of several of these systems which are closely interrelated and interdependent.
- Modifying/updating avionics support equipment and support software according to applicable technical publications.
- Analyzing performance and isolating malfunctions of aircraft lind replaceable units (LRUs) and using computer controlled and manual test stations and equipment to determine operational condition of components of aircraft systems.
- Documenting work performed on appropriate forms and systems.
- Providing on-the-job training to lower graded Electronic Integrated System Mechanics and others in related trades on procedures.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Applicants must be United States Citizens and be eligible and willing to join the USAF Reserve. For questions concerning military eligibility please contact the Air Force Reserve Qualification Center at 1-800-257-1212.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490493000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.