Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located at Ft. Rucker, Alabama, home of the United States Army Aviation Center of Excellence. Fort Rucker is located in the "Wiregrass" area in Southeast Alabama, surrounded by Enterprise, Ozark and Daleville. The geography and climate are ideal for year round military training. Recreation activities are abundant in the immediate and surrounding areas for family and fun.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Provide library reference and research services and assistance.
- Prepare bibliographies in areas of Army Aviation, military history and military science.
- Prepare briefing papers and public relations material.
- Writes and revises content for Aviation Technical Library and Aviation Learning Center websites and social media sites.
- Plans and evaluates the need for acquisition of computer software and hardware.
- Plans and implements the Library's participation in Army Distance Learning initiatives.
Occasional travel - This position requires travel away from your permanent duty station up to 5% of the time
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates, VEOA, ICTAP, Military Spouses
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490431000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.