The United States Marshals Service is the nation's oldest and most versatile federal law enforcement agency. The missions of the Service include protection of the judiciary, court security, witness security, asset seizure and forfeiture, apprehension of fugitives, prisoner transportation and custody.Learn more about this agency
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION / ARLINGTON, VA
This position is located in the Information Technology Division (ITD), United States Marshals Service (USMS). The incumbent serves as an Information Technology (IT) Specialist (Security) responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of classified and/or unclassified systems, networks, and data. The incumbent will ensure this through the planning, analysis, development, implementation, assistance, and enhancement of information systems security programs, policies, procedures, and tools.
This vacancy will be filled using the Office of Personnel Management's Direct-Hire Authority. Veterans' preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to positions filled under this announcement. For more information on OPM's authorization of Direct Hire Authority, please visit, http://archive.opm.gov/DirectHire/
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Developing policies and procedures to ensure the reliability and accessibility of USMS information systems and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks and data.
- Analyzing and monitoring the performance of security features in USMS operating systems; and recommend changes, as appropriate.
- Evaluating and making recommendations related to the potential and actual impact of additions and changes to the USMS environment (including conducting vulnerability and secure configuration assessments to existing and proposed systems).
- Recommending procurement strategies when new software or hardware is selected to meet security concerns.
- Recommending security features for USMS local and wide-area networking topologies (including the evaluation, design, and implementation of systems for securing access to computers and computer data both locally and through data communications networks) and for encryption requirements of data and telecommunication lines.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490354800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.