The Department of Housing and Urban Development is the nation's housing agency committed to strengthening the Nation's housing market to bolster the economy and protect consumers; meet the need for quality affordable rental homes; utilize housing as a platform for improving quality of life; and build inclusive and sustainable communities free from discrimination.Learn more about this agency
This position is in the Office of Community Planning and Development, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Grant Programs, Office of Block Grant Assistance (OBGA). The OBGA is responsible for all aspects of the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program for Entitlement Communities, States and Small Cities and Insular Areas in accordance with Title I of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974, as amended. The Office is responsible for a) the development of regulations, policies, procedures, guidelines and/or technical assistance for CDBG program grantees and Community Planning and Development (CPD) Field Offices; b) the administration of the Section 108 Loan Guarantee Program; c) the administration of long term CDBG - Disaster Recovery (DR) grants from supplemental appropriations; and, d) the design, development and presentation of program training for field staff and grantees. These functions are administered through the Office of the Director and four Divisions: 1) the Entitlement Communities Division; 2) State and Small Cities Division; 3) Financial Management Division; and, the Disaster Recovery and Special Issues Division.
The incumbent serves as the Director, Office of Block Grant Assistance, and advises the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Grant Programs and the Assistant Secretary for CPD about all aspects of the CDBG and component programs (the Section 108 Loan Guarantee program and the administration of the CDBG-DR supplemental appropriations).
Major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Interpreting and implementing legislation impacting metropolitan cities, urban counties, States and Insular areas receiving CDBG grant funds.
- Establishing and promulgating regulations, policies, standards, and procedures impacting the CDBG and component programs. Developing program reports and monitoring grantees, as necessary.
- Administering CDBG - DR supplemental appropriations and other special programs and initiatives.
- Administering the Section 108 Loan Guarantee program.
- Developing and interpreting financial management policies for CDBG grantees. Developing recommendations and providing financial guidance for CPD offices.
- Developing and administering systems for controlling and monitoring the financial status of CPD Programs.
- Providing technical assistance to program grantees.
25% or less - Occasional travel will be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All groups of qualified individuals - US Citizens; Noncompetitive (current Career Senior Executive Service (SES)); Qualifications Review Board (QRB) certified graduates of SES Candidate Development Programs; and individuals with SES reinstatement eligibility.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490350500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.