This National Guard position is for a LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST, Position Description Number D1963000and is part of 155 LRS Nebraska Air National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is a Title 32 excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING ELIGIBILITY TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA AIR NATIONAL GUARD PLEASE CONTACT THE LOCAL RECRUITING OFFICE AT 402-309-1172.
OPEN AREAS OF CONSIDERATION: AREA 1, 2 and 3
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
AREA 1: Current permanent and indefinite technicians of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard; and current Title 5 employees of the Nebraska Military Department who are military members of the Nebraska National Guard.
AREA 2: All Drill Status/M-Day members and temporary technicians of the Nebraska Air or Army National Guard.
AREA 3: Current military service members who are willing and eligible to become members of the Nebraska Air or Army National Guard.
AREA 4: All qualified candidates eligible and willing to become a member of the Nebraska National Air or Army National Guard prior to the effective date of hire.
As a LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST, GS-0346-11, duties include:
(1) Serves as the program manager for the Integrated Deployment System (IDS); Deliberate and Crisis Action Planning and Execution Segments (DCAPES), Contingency Operations/Mobility Planning and Executive System (COMPES), Logistics Module-Base Level (LOGMOD-B), Automated Air Load Planning System (AALPS), and Cargo Movement Operations System (CMOS). Ensures that all systems interface within IDS. Serves as the subject matter expert for COMPES to assist the Wing Commander and Logistics Officer in selecting, deploying and monitoring contingency forces. Maintains LOGMOD-B and the Logistics Detail (LOGDET) data, assists in designing logistics packages to meet Operation Plans (OPLAN) tasking, and coordinates with tasked units to ensure compliance and accuracy of systems. Oversees the management and production of AALPS products. Provides continuous guidance and instruction to units on COMPES, Logistic Detail-Base Level (LOGDET-B) data and Manpower/ Personnel Module-Base Level (MANPER-B) matters. Coordinates both LOGMOD-B and MANPER-B portions of COMPES for input and processing. Produces COMPES data to support wartime activities and Operations Other Than War (OOTW) required by units to mobilize and deploy equipment and personnel.
(2) Formulates and consolidates logistical annexes for IDS guidance based on regulations, manuals, instructions, and directives issued by higher headquarters. During peacetime and at actual and training deployments, provides staff input and participation in the Deployment Control Center (DCC) and may serve as an alternate IDO for deployments. Plans and develops deployment training for the wing and units in addition to conducting training. Ensures the unit meets all pre-execution and command and control requirements for deployments. Analyzes time phased force deployment requirements to develop plan annexes and schedules for inclusion in execution phase of the wing deployment guidance. As directed by, and in conjunction with the Logistics Officer, assists units by providing guidance and performing staff assistance visits to identify, correct, and assist with deployment oriented problems. Reviews deployment assessment capabilities with unit commanders to ensure that required deployment training is being conducted. Plans and briefs the Logistics Officer regarding the movement of personnel and equipment during simulated and actual deployments and exercises.
(3) At the direction of and in conjunction with, the Logistics Officer, identifies required deployment/redeployment support with the wing staff, serving as the NCOIC of the Redeployment Assistance Team (RAT), Air Mobility Command (AMC), and Air Combat Command (ACC) for the transportation of equipment and personnel. Determines the type and number of aircraft required for mission deployment/ redeployment. Validates load plans, priority shipments, and customs clearance requirements. Ensures all unit personnel and equipment are properly identified and prepared for deployment/ redeployment. Assists the Logistics Officer with determining the type and number or quantity of troops and equipment available for tasking and schedules via correspondence with headquarters (i.e., ACC, AMC, NGB, ANGRC, and Numbered Air Forces), as applicable to accomplish specific mission requirements.
(4) Reviews resource/logistics plans, programs, and deployment activities with the senior officer to insure authorized mobility equipment is available or on order, and assures that the equipment is properly budgeted. In conjunction with the senior officer, develops program priorities and determines dollar requirements. As directed, develops loadplans and analyzes transportation requirements for the wing and units. Schedules all requirements through AMC and MTMC to ensure personnel and equipment arrive according to planned tasking.
(5) Reviews OPLANS, Concept Plans (CONPLANS), Concept of Operations (CONOP), USAF Special Operation Plans, Exercise Plans, and Execution Orders for tasking from higher headquarters. Determines availability of personnel and equipment for tasking and manages the War Reserve Material (WRM) assets at home station and deployed locations for units. Analyzes and identifies tasking for logistical shortfalls, limiting factors (LIMFACs) and problems; and compiles and submits to the senior officer for inclusion in the formal supportability/feasibility studies that allows commanders to make vital decisions that affect mission accomplishment. Formulates and prepares logistics annexes and consolidates inputs from all attached units in accordance with all-applicable regulations and directives.
(6) Analyzes In-Garrison Expeditionary Site Plans (IGESP) and participates in site surveys to ascertain, identify, and plan airlift and logistical support requirement needs to support and sustain the wing and units.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel for training and work related activities
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Nebraska National Guard Area 1, 2 and 3 applicants
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490298500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.