The selectee for this position will serve as a POLICE OFFICER in the OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT, FORCE PROTECTION PROGRAM of NSA CRANE SEC DET, located in CRANE, IN.Learn more about this agency
This position is considered Key/Emergency-Essential. The incumbent must provide immediate and continuing support to ensure the success of combat operations or the availability of combat-essential systems. The incumbent must maintain certain levels of medical, security, performance, conduct and overall fitness that make them suitable for assignment.
The successful selectee will perform the following duties:
- Control access to secure areas by determining which vehicles or personnel have credentials for entry.
- Protect a crime scene to turn over information gathered at the scene of an incident to detectives or investigators.
- Appear as a witness in court proceedings.
- Use anti-terrorism measures to defend against potential security breaches.
- Operate radar or other speed detection equipment to monitor and enforce traffic regulations or laws.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position. Travel depends on funding availability and position description.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490255400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.