OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?Learn more about this agency
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive is authorized for highly qualified candidates.
As a Vascular Surgeon working in the Surgery Service, you will:
- Be responsible for initial evaluation and overall workups, history and physicals, and admission of vascular surgery patients as needed.
- Be responsible for providing patients with education concerning their disease state and expected treatment regimen. The Veterans' Administration pays particular attention to informing Veterans to the risks as well as benefits of upcoming surgical procedures.
- Be asked to participate in various hospital committees.
- Be expected to keep up your CME requirements in order to maintain license and specialized certification.
- Work effectively with the patients and coworkers and will treat other healthcare professionals and patients' family with respect and dignity.
- Be responsible for understanding the Medical Bylaws of this facility.
- Serve as a consultant to other medical center staff and trainees and will train medical students, medical residents, and midlevel providers. The ability to obtain an academic appointment with our university affiliate is essential.
Vascular surgical procedures would include both endovascular and open procedures, but not be limited to: carotid endarterectomy and vascular procedures of the iliofemoral system and aorta as well as renal dialysis access.
It is estimated that the vascular surgeon's position will be approximately 95% clinical and 5% administrative.
There may, at times, be a requirement for knowledge of general surgical procedures which are not complicated which may include appendectomy, cholecystectomy and herniorrhaphy.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Subject to change based on the needs of the service.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
7/23/18 Announcement amended to include the following statement:
The applicant(s) selected for this position may be eligible to apply for an education loan reimbursement award under the provisions of the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP). Acceptance into the program is based on the availability of funds and is not guaranteed. For additional information, you may contact Sheri Hanna, EDRP Coordinator, at 803-776-4000 ext 6735 or Tamika Henderson, Alternate EDRP Coordinator, at 803-776-4000 ext 4346.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490150300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.