This position is located in the Office of Facilities Management and Reliability (OFMR), Smithsonian Facilities (SF), Smithsonian Institution (SI). The purpose of this position serves as a Material Handler Supervisor within the Metro Support Branch, Museum Support Services Division. The incumbent is primarily responsibile for providing labor support, warehouse management, shipping/receiving, minor maintenance, and customer service support for tenants at the Pennsy Collection Support Center (PCSC).Learn more about this agency
- Reviews and approves routine work assignments made by the material handler leader.
- Supervises the day-to-day warehouse operations and shipping and receiving office and ensures schedules and priorities are met.
- Interprets guidance from management assigning various tasks to staff.
- Manages the Hazardous Waste Program.
- Performs operator-level maintenance of motor vehicles, electric and propane powered forklifts and other material handling equipment.
- Develops Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for material handling functions.
- Resolves complaints, disputes and potential grievance at the lowest possible level.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This position is open to all U.S. Citizens or
U.S. Nationals. Excepted Service employees may also apply to this announcement.
Note: Federal employees with permanent status or individuals eligible for special appointing authorities should apply to Job Announcement #18R-DT-303431-MPA-SF.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490140800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.