THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This position is located at TX 149th Fighter Wing and is located in San Antonio, Kelly AFB, Texas. The purpose of this position is to perform on and off equipment maintenance on aircraft egress systems, such as aircraft ejection seats, extraction and escape systems, egress components of jettison canopies, explosive components of escape hatches and doors, and egress trainers.
As a AIRCRAFT ORDNANCE SYSTEMS MECHANIC (EGRESS) (Title 32) with the Texas Air National Guard, your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Troubleshoots, installs, removes, repairs, modifies, adjusts, inspects, and tests each components as regulators, flow indicators, actuator motors, thruster and positioning mechanisms, seat actuators, catapult guide rails, ejection seats, rocket packs, and canopies, etc.
- Inspects pressurization system air pressure gauges for sufficient pressure and bottles and regulators for general condition and serviceability.
- Performs installation, modification, and repair of aircraft egress systems.
- Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations such as ORI, IC and UE inspections, mobility, and command support exercises.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Full description of the PD can be located at the link below:
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490006700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.