The mission of US Central Command (USCENTCOM) is: With national and international partners, USCENTCOM promotes cooperation among nations, responds to crises, deters or defeats state and non-state aggression, and supports development and when necessary, reconstruction in order to establish the conditions for regional security, stability and prosperity. Find out more click here.Learn more about this agency
Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide:
Internal Employees (Air Force Employee - Current Permanent Competitive Service Career/Career-Conditional Employee and Current Permanent AF DCIPS Employees with Reinstatement Rights to the Competitive Service)
Former Federal Employees (Reinstatement)
DoD Transfer - Army, Navy, DFAS, etc. (Excluding Air Force)
Schedule A - Individual with Disabilities - click here for additional information
ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program)
Non-DoD Transfer (OPM, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.)
30% Disabled Veterans
You MUST have one or more listed eligibilities to be considered. Eligibility claims must be supported with required documentation submitted with each application package to be considered. "Transfer" and "Reinstatement" eligibles must provide their most current SF-50 and the SF-50 reflecting the highest grade held if not reflected on most current/separation SF-50. *Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list.
- The primary purpose of this position is: to serve as the Senior Analyst and Liaison between Special Operations Command Central (SOCCENT) and United States Central Command and United States Special Operations Command. Serves as a long-term source of expertise and continuity for the Special Operations Command Central Operations Directorate for all matters related to operational policy, procedures and doctrine in support of worldwide, Joint force sourcing mission requirements. Organizationally, this position is located within SOCCENT Tampa, Florida, with daily duty at Headquarters, USCENTCOM.
- Serves as Central Command (CENTCOM) Liaison Officer and personal representative of Commander SOCCENT responsible for representing COMSOCCENT in-theater activities, capabilities, plans, policy, exercises, and strategy to CENTCOM staff.
- Develops, coordinates, and implements all matters of special operations plans, policy, exercises, and strategy as they relate to the SOCCENT in the CENTCOM Area of Responsibility (AOR) while working with interagency working groups, National agencies, DOD agencies, U.S. intelligence agencies, and other commands.
- Reviews and analyzes OPLANS and CONPLANS for suitability, feasibility, acceptability, technical accuracy, adequacy, and integration of special operations content.
- Conducts analysis and provides advice and recommendations in the formulation of scenarios, concepts and force lists for special operations exercises for the Command.
Occasional travel - Incumbent may be required to perform periodic travel (CONUS and OCONUS) in commercial and military aircraft.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Federal Employees, 30% disabled veterans, Individuals with Disabilities, Military Spouses. See Job Summary for further information on "Who May Apply".
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/489946700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.