THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a SUPERVISORY FACILITY OPERATIONS SPECIALIST, Position Description Number D2228000and is part of the MI 127 Wing, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
SUPERVISORY FACILITY OPERATIONS SPECIALIST, GS-1640-11
This position is located in an Air National Guard (ANG) Civil Engineer Squadron (units at the Wings) only. This PD is not applicable to RED HORSE or PRIME BEEF Squadrons. This is an Air National Guard Dual Status Technician position that requires military membership, compatible military skill assignment, and classification. The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a first level supervisor, providing planning, directing, organizing and exercising control over nonsupervisory employees assigned to the unit.
1. Personnel Management. Incumbent typically supervises the following personnel and their functions: Production Control (Construction), Production Controller, Power Production Technician, Water & Fuels Maintenance Technician, CE Supply Technician, State Superintendent, Administrative Assistant and all maintenance and state accounting personnel.
2. Plans and Programming. Responsible for the sustained reliability of Real Property Facilities in support of ANG organizations.
3. Financial Management.
4. Operations Management.
5. Construction Contract Management.
6. Compliance and Standards.
7. Unit Management: Knowledge of Status of Resources and Training System (SORTS), Workday Control, Recruiting/Retention, and Professional Military Education (PME) programs is necessary, as directed, to oversee these programs.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Area 1 - Open to current, permanent technicians of the Michigan National Guard. Area 2 - Open to current members of the Michigan National Guard. Area 3 - Open to applicants willing and eligible to join the Michigan National Guard (contact a recruiter).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/489916100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.