THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST, Position Description Number D1233P01and is part of the MI DCSLOG, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST, GS-0346-9
This position is located in the DCSLOG/G4, Distribution Management Division, Sustainment Automation Support Management Office (SASMO). The primary purpose of this position is to provide automated logistics Standard Army Management Information System (STAMIS) support to all state/territory activities and organizations and provide technical/functional support and oversight regarding the implementation of STAMIS systems, Automated Logistical Programs and other Combat Service Support (CSS) systems within the state.
(1) Utilizes an extensive knowledge of logistics programs/operations and a clear understanding of automated systems to manage projects and programs for systems integration of CSS automation
(2) Serves as a Systems Administrator for all CSS STAMIS systems and automated logistical programs and as a technical expert within the state/territory is responsible for providing technical and functional guidance for specified STAMIS and Automated Logistical Programs to operators and supervisors.
(3) Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and resolves technical problems identified in trouble tickets and performs initial setup of specified STAMIS computers to include loading software, configuring modem and network card(s), assigning Internet Protocol (IP) addresses with correct subnet, connectivity to the network, and completing technical inspections.
(4) Serves as the primary point of contact for Functional Administrators and users of the serviced database(s) in the absence of a Logistics Management Specialist.
(5) Provides direction and guidance to supported CSS STAMIS users in the submission of automated systems problem reports and/or change proposals.
(6) Analyzes requirements, manages and coordinates STAMIS automation hardware systems and peripherals pertaining to the receipt, distribution, installation and replacement of systems.
(7) Provides operator level assistance on STAMIS systems and Automated Logistical Programs.
(8) Serves as the primary point of contact on all CSS automation continuity of operation plan (COOP) development and execution, in the absence of a Logistics Management Specialist.
(9) Represents the Supervisor Logistics Management Specialist/DCSLOG/G4 on DCSIM Configuration Control Boards (CCBs).
(10) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Area 1 - Open to current, permanent technicians of the Michigan National Guard. Area 2 - Open to current members of the Michigan National Guard.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/489910200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.