THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a PROGRAM ANALYST, Position Description Number D1911P01and is part of the MI DCSLOG, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
PROGRAM ANALYST, GS-0343-9
This position is located in the Deputy Chief of Staff (DCS) G-4/DCSLOG, Joint Force Headquarters (JFHQ), Army National Guard (ARNG), Distribution Management Division, Command Supply and Services Branch, Command Supply and Discipline Section. Its purpose is to establish supply discipline as regulatory guidance; standardize supply discipline requirements; provide responsible personnel with a single listing of supply policy requirements; make the ARNG more efficient with respect to time spent monitoring subordinates' actions; eliminate repeat findings of noncompliance with policy; serve as a monitor for the Command Supply Discipline Program (CSDP) management controls.
1. Develops sampling plans and procedures for validating unit/activity accountability and inventory certifications.
2. Evaluates unit and organizational effectiveness.
3. Collectively evaluates management effectiveness of property management functions and informing management of their programs.
4. Applies statistical analysis techniques to measure progress, efficiency, and trends impacting the readiness of the organization and the effectiveness of management controls regarding logistics discipline to meet organizational goals and objectives.
5. Interprets a variety of requirements making independent judgments to determine organizational compliance with applicable regulations, procedures and practices.
6. Advises the DCSLOG/G4, Command Staff, unit/activity commanders, activity managers on the evaluation of basic program policies, regulatory requirements, and follow-up procedures regarding applicable completed evaluation.
7. Recommends internal reporting and status tracking procedures to ensure adequate control in terms of deadlines, progress reports, and follow-up reports.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Area 1 - Open to current, permanent technicians of the Michigan National Guard. Area 2 - Open to current members of the Michigan National Guard.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/489909500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.