Learn more about this agency
The Pathways Program is designed to attract students in a wide variety of educational institutions (high school, home-school programs, vocational and technical, undergraduate and graduate) with paid opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while still in school. This program exposes students to jobs in the Federal civil service by providing meaningful development work at the beginning of their career, before their career paths are fully established.
The Pathways Internship Program targets students accepted for enrollment or currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program in an accredited educational institution, on at least a half-time basis. At the successful conclusion of this program, you may be eligible for non-competitive conversion to a Federal career or career-conditional position.
This is a non-temporary full time Intern position located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), Office of Public Health Scientific Services (OPHSS), in Hyattsville, Maryland.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional similar vacancies within the same geographic location CDC-wide.
As a Student Trainee (Statistician), you will:
- Determine sources of pertinent data and appropriate techniques and methods in accordance with protocol established in similar studies.
- Determines appropriate quality checks to ensure accuracy and quality of data.
- Apply standard statistical principles and techniques to a variety of problems.
- Use basic principles, theories, techniques and methods of statistics including probability theory in order to select, collect, and interpret data relative to a broad range of health science topics.
- Apply standard statistical methods and techniques to process data
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/489888100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.