SKIES Unlimited position is a FLEX position that has no guaranteed hours and no benefits packet. The Annual Income amount is based on the total hours worked. Total hours worked is based on program demand and weekly/ monthly scheduled activities. Income may vary based on hours worked and will not exceed annual income listed on this announcement. The hourly rate for this position is $20.12 - $25.87 per hour. (Example: 4 hours per week multiplied by hourly rate = weekly salary)Learn more about this agency
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is World-Wide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Location: Child and Youth Services, SKIES, Fort Meade, MD.
Work Schedule: Schedule includes irregular hours. Applicant must be able to work evenings and weekends (mostly Saturdays).
Join the Fort Meade Child and Youth Services (CYS) family as a Child/Youth Instructor. We are looking for a qualified and caring PIANO Instructors. SKIES instructors provide individual/group instructional programming for children and youth in a variety of areas encouraging them to expand their knowledge and acquire new skills. The program provides access to opportunities that expand the participant's knowledge, inspire them, and encourages them to explore, and acquire new skills.
1st Cut-Off Date: Friday, February 09, 2018
2nd Cut-Off Date: Friday, February 23, 2018
Applications received on or before the cut-off date will be referred to management for consideration. Positions are filled/referred on a continuous basis.
This announcement may close at an earlier date if vacancies are filled. Selections may be made for Flexible schedules and appointments only.
Applicants Please Note: This is an open continuous announcement and will remain open until all vacancies are filled. Those who apply early will receive first consideration. This announcement may close at an earlier date if vacancies are filled. Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date.
1. Serves as an Instructor in the CYS Instructional Program and provides individual and/or group lessons to participants. Plans and conducts special events for parents designed to promote the instructional program while encouraging parents to become involved.
2. Develops individual and group lesson plans. Observes and evaluates participant's developmental level and records progress. Prepares and implements program options for children and youth with special requirements.
3. Interacts with children and youth using approved child guidance and youth development techniques. Models appropriate behaviors and techniques for working with children/youth.
4. Provides care, oversight, and accountability for program participants in compliance with DoD, Army and local policies, guidance, and standards.
5. Completes designated training requirements and records completed training on own Individual Development Plan (IDP).
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens and Non-Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/489842900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.