Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This is an open-continuous vacancy announcement which will remain open for six (6) months. A list of eligible and qualified applicants corresponding to this vacancy announcement will be referred to management after the initial cut-off date of February 5, 2018, then as needed to fill vacancies. Selections may be made prior to the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
This position is located at Fort Hamilton in Southern New York City, Bay Ridge Brooklyn, at the base of the world famous Verrazano Narrows Bridge, which is a viable cultural area. It is 20 minutes to mid-town Manhattan. Since Spring 1998, the Fort Hamilton Military Community has been home to the North Atlantic Division, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; New York City Recruiting Battalion; and New York Military Entrance Processing Station. Commuter buses and trains are readily accessible from this location.
Who May Apply:
Competition for Security Guard positions is restricted by law to persons entitled to veterans' preference as long as such applicants are available for appointment. Applications will be accepted from nonpreference eligibles; however, these applications will not be considered if preference eligible applicants are available.
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
Perform installation access, usage of physical access control equipment and visitor access on military installations. Safeguard Government personnel, information, operations, and critical assets in accordance with a wide variety of Federal rules and agency/local regulations/policies. As a security guard you will:
- Control access of vehicles, visitors and pedestrians into military installations.
- Screen employees, visitors, and contractor personnel for visitor access on military installations.
- Operate the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) terminal in accordance with (IAW) federal and state laws.
- Control, prepare and issue identification badges, cards and passes that allow access to the installation.
- Deny access to unauthorized personnel or those who do not meet authorized entry criteria.
- Make instantaneous decisions regarding use of deadly force, operate Active Vehicle Barrier when required, and alert appropriate officials of apparent security violations.
- Conduct foot or vehicle patrol of perimeters, roadways, parking and other high traffic areas as well as interior of shops, storage administrative and other structures.
- Conduct traffic stops at the Installation Access Control Point (IACP) for safety and security checks.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates and VEOA Eligibles
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/489684200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.