Come make the most of your summer with an internship at the National Institutes of Health (NIH)! The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. This is an opportunity to work with top professionals who exemplify and promote creative discoveries, innovative strategies, and collaborative exchange of information. Be a part of the mission-- apply now!Learn more about this agency
For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visit NIH Overview.
As a Student Trainee (Biological Science Laboratory Technician), your typical work assignments may include:
- Perform a variety of standard and non-standard tests, examinations, and procedures in support of one or more higher-level technicians/scientists
- Perform delicate manipulative work using specially designed tubes, glassware, and equipment
- Calibrate, operate, and maintain laboratory equipment which may include routine preparation and production of reagents, antigens, buffers, vaccines, and/or other biological material
- Prepare and maintain detailed and precise records of experiments
- Record instrument readings and/or takes measurements
- Assist with compilation, justification, and refinement of resulting data
- Conduct literature searches of identified topics relevant to the research being done
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens and Non-Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/489584800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.